I’ve been thinking lots about how to best support the lovely singers I get to work with. So far I’ve come up with….
I will be exploring ways to ensure that we create a set up so that I can support you on a regular basis in a way that fits into your wonderfully erratic lives. There has to be a way. Let me know your ideas.
New and Developing Singers
I want to make sure that there are challenges for those of you who are developing and with that in mind I’ll be running
Song Sharing Sessions
A Singers’ Concert
This will be a fundraiser for Baby Brained the Musical and will (almost certainly) be at The Station in Kings Heath in June. This is for my regular singers to experience performing something in public (or something more challenging if performing in public isn’t enough of a challenge).
Other Plans For 2020 Include
- Cantare Choir‘s Monday night group are moving to a new rehearsal space at Cofton Hackett New Village Hall. We have a theme of songs that we love to sing, so pretty broad but very positive. Just as I like it.
- Performing a 20 date tour of Baby Brained the Musical.
- Continuing with the anatomy training I’ve started.
- Run other training events.
- Current ideas include – a training day about voice care with some very exciting voice care experts. This will be aimed at any professional voice users, including but not limited to singing teachers, singers, teachers, call centre workers, actors, anyone interested in voice care.
- My main focus is on my business and how best to support the singers I work with. I suspect there will be a load more new things that I decide to do.
In case you’re interested 2019 has been pretty eventful for me:-
- Cantare Choir did a wonderful concert of Musical Theatre songs and then a rather crazy 5 performances at Christmas, including 2 paid performances and what we hope will be the first of many performances at SIFA Fireside, a day centre for homeless people in Birmingham.
- I took my original, one woman musical, Baby Brained on a 10 date tour and successfully gained funding for a second tour from Arts Council England.
- Trained in Core Singing
- Began to train in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology with Samantha Coleman.
- Co-hosted Extreme Voices with the British Voice Association
- I saw loads of shows! Too many to link to. Falsettos, Waitress, Fiddler on the Roof, Kinky Boots, Dear Evan Hansen, The Bridges of Maddison County, and Six. I saw Everybody’s Talking About Jamie and Fleabag at the Cinema and supported local companies performing Sweet Charity and Legally Blonde.