- Do you know that you can sing but you don’t know if you have enough “technique”?
- Do you worry that you don’t know how to care for your voice?
- Do you feel that there is more you could achieve as a singer but you don’t know how?
- Do you want to explore other styles in a safe and private environment?
Then the Vocal Athlete programme is for you !
This is my elite package. I really get to know you as a performer and see how best to ensure you have a long and healthy singing career. Lessons and live performances are different and so I will come and watch you sing live at least three times a year.
Lessons will be tailored around how you actually use your voice live and how to bring out the best in your singing voice for the rest of your life.
You Will Receive:
- Warm ups and cool downs to support your voice both in rehearsal, live and in the studio.
- Support in how to ensure that your working life as a singer supports the longevity of your voice.
- Learn how to care for your voice.
- Fill in any gaps in technical things you don’t know or feel you’re lacking
- Technical support to constantly bring out the best in your voice, regardless of circumstances.
- Support in whatever your vocal concerns may be.
We will work on technical exercises that are specific to your needs as a singer. You must work on daily, to train the muscles that control your voice.
These will probably include:-
- Breathing techniques
- Warm up exercise
- Learning and singing lots of songs.
- Turning off (and occasionally on) nasality
- The list goes on…
You will leave every lesson with a recording of the lesson and of the exercises you need to practice.
I watch you singing live at one of your shows three times a year. (If you are between shows then you can try out any new material at Cabaret Need You).
When we both agree that your technique is solid then you would have once a month check ins with me and I will observe you sing live three times a year.
“I love my lessons with Rebecca! As a professional singer I travel long distances nearly every week for gigs and find that this can really affect my voice. I like that Rebecca not only supports me technically but also holistically, focusing on how to care for my voice, release tension and tips for performing when I’m tired after driving for hours. Rebecca has also given me real confidence when performing my original music 🙂 ”
“As a full time singer you always need the best vocal teacher/coach to help and advise you to take care of yourself and to provide the best tips and techniques to get the best out of your voice without straining or doing too much so you can have a long and enjoyable singing career, Rebecca is a helping guide and very highly skilled (and talented of course) coach who can give you all of this and more, along with a lot of laughs.
I am a lead singer of a band with a minimum of 2 gigs a weekend, with Rebecca’s guidance and training I have gained a lot of knowledge on how to take care of my voice and not take it for granted, as well as the correct and less straining techniques to prolong my singing career.
Thank you very much Rebecca for all the help you have given me so far, I look forward to gaining more tips, techniques and all round singing knowledge from you. Definitely an 11/10 vocal teacher.”
Singer with The Bright Eyes